250g of chicken breast, 1 tablespoon of neutral cooking oil, 40g of fresh coconut pulp (from the shell, but with the brown membrane), 300g of ripe melon, 1 small cos lettuce, 2 spring onions, finely chopped
Ingredients for the marinade:
1 tablespoon of ginger, freshly grated, 1 Spanish chili pepper, ground in a mortar
Ingredients for the dressing:
125ml of whipping cream, 1-2 tablespoons of rum, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
1. Lay the chicken breasts in a marinade of lemon juice, salt, pepper, ginger and Spanish pepper.
2. Drain the chicken breasts and then cook them in hot oil until golden brown on both sides.
3. Place the lid on the pan and cook the chicken on a low flame in 4-5 minutes.
4. Allow the meat to cool then cut it into pieces.
5. Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing and then add the chili pepper to taste.
6. Use a peeler to slice the coconut into wafer-thin strips.
7. Peel the melon, remove the seeds and cut the pulp into chunks.
8. Wash the cos lettuce, drain the leaves and cut them into long, thin strips.
9. Lay the lettuce strips on a dish. Divide the chicken pieces, the melon chunks and the coconut slices evenly across the lettuce.
10. Sprinkle the dressing over the salad and garnish with spring onions.