Kiwano shrimp cocktail
2 kiwanos, 300g of medium-sized shrimp (or brown shrimp), half a melon, 600ml of cocktail sauce, 2 tablespoons of white wine, 2 teaspoons of grated lemon zest
strips of red pepper & strips of shallot
1. Cut the kiwano lengthways and remove the pulp. Save the zest for serving the dish.
2. Peel the shrimp (if desired), but leave the tails intact.
3. Remove the seeds and cut out melon balls using a baller.
4. Stuff the kiwano zest with the shrimp and the melon.
5. Add the cocktail sauce, oil, wine and lemon to the pulp and stir the mixture.
6. Cover the shrimp and the melon with dressing using a spoon.
7. Garnish the dish with strips of red pepper and strips of shallot.