2 ripe mangoes, half a litre of cold water, 3 tablespoons of sugar, the juice of 1 lemon or lime, carbonated water or tonic water, vodka or gin (optional)
1. Cut the mangoes and mix the pulp with the water.
2. Mix three tablespoons of sugar with the juice of the lemon or lime (in a food mixer).
3. Pour the mixture into glasses.
4. Add 1 part of carbonated water or tonic water and 1 part vodka or gin.
4. Serve in long glasses with a slice of lemon.
(From ‘Unique Fruit & Veg’ by the Foundation for the Promotion of Fruit and Vegetables.)